5 Reasons Why Dieting Will Not Help
Dieting is one of most commonly used approach toward weight loss.However, it might be heart-breaking for many to realize that dieting is least likely to help you lose weight, particularly sustained and effective weight loss.
Most researches in this niche point towards a global pattern wherein dieters easily lose up to 10% of their weight during the initial phase of dieting, only to see themselves unable to lose more weight or find the fatty deposits slowly surface, again. Weight-regain is very common among chronic dieters and visible, healthy weight-loss is found among a discouragingly low proportion in this group. Here are 5 reasons why Dieting is mostly, bound to fail:
1. Restricted Calories=Lowered MetabolismYou need to understand that the rate at which your body metabolizes or uses the energy sources in the form of calories is directly affected by your range of physical activities across the day and eating patterns. Drastic reduction in calorie intake means that you are slowing yourmetabolism. This is because when the body finds increasingly lesser calories at its disposal, it slows its metabolic activities with the aim of conserving calories. Conservation is done in the form of more fat deposition. A loweredmetabolism ensures inability to continuously lose weight.
2. Enter Starvation Effect, Exit Effective Weight LossLow Calorie diet regimen leads to lowered metabolism which in turn means less energy to carry out your daily range of activities. Further, the obsession to deprive yourself of your favorite foods means the tendency to avoid social gatherings. This kind of alienation and the lethargic feeling due to loweredmetabolism can turn into primary reasons for stimulating depressive tendencies. Such folks are more prone not to exercise and develop long-term psychological problems due to continued deprivation which further reduces chances of sustaining weight-loss in the long-term.
3. Dieting Doesnt Help You Develop Long-term Weight-loss LifestyleThe dieting approach is flawed at its core. It doesnt encourage you to plan your meals, look for healthier, more nutritious food choices or develop beneficial lifestyle habits like exercising regularly. Dieters tend to have lowered energy levels and extreme mood swings, making them incapable of exploring or endorsing such healthy lifestyles.
4. Dieting Weight Loss Is Lean Body Weight LossDiets that drastically restrict the caloric intake usually tend to facilitate more oflean body weight loss. Lean weight is different from fat weight. Lean Body Weight Loss is achieved via loss of carbohydrate and protein deposits in the body that also causes loss of lean muscle mass. This means that a severely dieted person can have high levels ofbody fat!
5. Dieting Cannot Resolve Weight Gain FactorsDieting does little to resolve the issues that are inducing the weight-gain or fat deposition. This includes causes like reaction to medications like anti-depressants or hormonal substitute pills. People tend to gain weight because of long-term stress or
anxiety as well as because of medical conditions like hypothyroidism. Women who are beyond the age of 45 and those who entered menopause are naturally prone to gaining weight and losing muscle mass. Dieting cannot deter such chronic, weight-gain factors.
Michhami Dukkadam! On this auspicious occasion of Paryushan we wish you all Michhami Dukkadam! We beg your forgiveness from in...
HAPPY NEW YEAR "Cheti Chand jyon Lakh Lakh Wadayun Athav" J A I J H U L E LA L May Peace Hope ...
Today is Ashadi Ekadasi or Shyani Ekadashi. Shirdi Majhe Pandarpura Sai Baba Ramavara. (Shirdi is my Pan...
Pongal Puja – How to do Thai Pongal Pooja? Talk about Pongal festival and the first thing that comes to mind is the boiling over of...
Dear parivar members / friends / well-wishers, Greetings & Namaskar. तुम्हा सर्वाना शुभ मकर संक्रांति Til gud ghya, god god...
Paryushan Parva is the king of all festivals and hence is known as Parvadhiraj. Parvadhiraj Paryushana, this festival has the...
!Good Morning ~Have A Nice Day ! ONE . N ever Loose ur Confidance , Work Hard to Achieve ur Goal, Learn from Failure Then u can ge...
Nine Colours of Navratras&Wish you allSHUBHA NAVRATRI W hats navratra? N- nav chetna A- akhand jyoti V- vighn nas...
HEARTY TAMIL NEW YEAR GREETINGS் ( இனிய தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள் ) ...
OUR BEST WISHES HAPPY EASTER ...
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
5 Reasons Why Dieting Will Not Help
Posted by Ramajayam at 11:32 AM