You should treat this list as a reference, and implement just one habit per month. This way you will have the time to fully absorb each of them, while still seeing significant improvements each month.
1. Exercise 30 minute
2. Eat breakfast every day. Breakfast is the more important meal of the day, yet so many people skip it. Personally, I like to eat a couple of toasts in the morning along with a fruit beverage.
3. Sleep 8 hours. Sleep deprivation is never a good idea. You may think that you are gaining time by sleeping less, when in reality you are only gaining stress and tiredness. 8 hours are a good number of hours for most people, along with an optional 20 minutes nap after lunch.
4. Avoid snacking between meals. Snacking between meals is the best way to gain weight. If you are hungry, eat something concrete. Otherwise don't. Update: for clarification, I mean don't eat junk food between meals, but eating real food it's ok.
5. Eat five portions of fruits and vegetables every day. Our body and brain loves getting vegetables and fruit, so I highly recommend eating as much of them as possible. Five portions is the dose that's usually recommended by many health associations.
6. Eat fish. Fish is rich of omega 3 and other healthy elements. At least one meal per week of fish should be enough for getting all these nutrients.
7. Drink one glass of water when you wake up. When you wake up, your body is dehydrated and needs liquid. Make the habit of drinking one glass of water after you wake up in the morning. Also, drink more during the day.
8. Avoid soda. Soda is often one of the un-healthiest beverages you can find. Limit your consumption of soda as much as possible and your body will be grateful for that.
9. Keep your body clean. I don't advise spending your day in front of the mirror, but a minimum of personal care does never hurt.
10. If you smoke, stop it. There is no reason to smoke anymore, and quitting is possible.
11. If you drink, stop it. Same as above. Don't think that alcohol will solve your problems. It never does. The only exception is one glass of wine per day during meals.
12. Take the stairs. This is just a hack that forces you to do a minimum of exercise. Instead of taking the elevator, take the stairs.
1. Use an inbox system. Make the habit of keeping track of all the ideas and things that comes to mind. You can use a notebook to do this, and then sync everything on your computer.
2. Prioritize. If you have a list of things to do, where do you start? One way is to prioritize your list. If you are in doubt, ask yourself: If I could only accomplish one thing today, what would it be?
3. Plan, but not too much. Planning is important, and you should decide in advance what you are going to do today or this week. However, planning for more than a few weeks is usually inefficient, so I would not worry too much about that.
4. Wake up early. Waking up early in the morning is a great way to gain extra time. I personally like to wake up at 5 am, so that by 9 am I have already accomplished what otherwise would have taken me many days.
5. Check your email only twice per day. Email can easily become an addiction, but it is usually unnecessary to check it every 10 minutes. Make an effort and check your email only once or twice per day, see if the world will still rotate as before after you try this.
6. Eliminate unimportant tasks. Being busy all day does not mean you are doing important stuff. Eliminate every activity that is not important, and focus on what really matters.
7. Clean off your desk and room. Having a clear room and desk is important to maintain focus and creativity.
8. Automate. There are a lot of tasks that you need to perform every day or every week. Try to automate them as much as possible.
9. Set strict deadlines. When you do something, decide in advance when you are going to stop. There is a rule that states that you will
10. Take one day off per week. Instead of working every day, take one day off per week (for example Friday / Sunday) where you are not going to turn on your computer. Use that time for doing recreational activities like going for a walk.
Personal Development habits
1. Read 1 book per week. Reading is a good way to keep your brain active. With just 30 minutes per day you should be able to read one book per week, or more than 50 books per year.
2. Solve puzzles. Quizzes, word games, etc. are all good ways to exercise your brain.
3. Think positively. You are what you think, all the time.
4. Make fast decisions. Instead of thinking for one hour wherever you are going to do something, make your decisions as fast as possible (usually less than 1 minute).
5. Wait before buying. Waiting 48 hours before buying anything is a tremendous money saver, try it.
6. Meditate 30 minute
1. Start a blog. Blogging is one of the best way to put your word out. It does not have to be around a specific topic, even a personal blog will do.
2. Build a portfolio. If your job is creating stuff, building a portfolio is a great way to show what you are capable of. You can also contribute stuff for free if that applies to your work.
What do you think?
What are the habits that
Changed your life?
Michhami Dukkadam! On this auspicious occasion of Paryushan we wish you all Michhami Dukkadam! We beg your forgiveness from in...
HAPPY NEW YEAR "Cheti Chand jyon Lakh Lakh Wadayun Athav" J A I J H U L E LA L May Peace Hope ...
Today is Ashadi Ekadasi or Shyani Ekadashi. Shirdi Majhe Pandarpura Sai Baba Ramavara. (Shirdi is my Pan...
Dear parivar members / friends / well-wishers, Greetings & Namaskar. तुम्हा सर्वाना शुभ मकर संक्रांति Til gud ghya, god god...
Paryushan Parva is the king of all festivals and hence is known as Parvadhiraj. Parvadhiraj Paryushana, this festival has the...
!Good Morning ~Have A Nice Day ! ONE . N ever Loose ur Confidance , Work Hard to Achieve ur Goal, Learn from Failure Then u can ge...
Pongal Puja – How to do Thai Pongal Pooja? Talk about Pongal festival and the first thing that comes to mind is the boiling over of...
Nine Colours of Navratras&Wish you allSHUBHA NAVRATRI W hats navratra? N- nav chetna A- akhand jyoti V- vighn nas...
HEARTY TAMIL NEW YEAR GREETINGS் ( இனிய தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள் ) ...
OUR BEST WISHES HAPPY EASTER ...
Sunday, November 19, 2017
Habits - Change in Life
Habits - Change in Life
Posted by Ramajayam at 11:29 PM